Professional Pest Solutions For Spencerville, Maryland Properties
When insects, rodents, and other pests make your Spencerville property their home, numerous problems are sure to follow. If pests are invading, that means there’s only one thing to do: reach out to the professionals at Capitol Pest for complete pest protection before it’s too late.
At Capitol Pest, we offer exceptional pest control services hand-crafted to keep your home or business free of annoying and potentially dangerous pests 24 hours a day, 365 days a year. The team at Capitol Pest has over 80 years of pest control experience allowing us to provide effective, innovative, and eco-friendly service options to meet all of your pest control needs. With the professionals from Capitol Pest by your side, you can rest assured that your Spencerville property is protected from all the worst pests that call Maryland home. Contact us today to learn more about what our residential and commercial pest control plans have to offer.
Home Pest Control In Spencerville, MD
Residential pests are notoriously good at infesting yards and homes around Maryland, squeezing into the smallest gaps in walls and siding in order to get inside and wreak havoc. Unfortunately, this means that your home will never be safe from pests without a professional pest treatment plan in place. Luckily, Capitol Pest is on your side and dedicated to keeping you protected from any pest that might threaten your home and family.
Pest infestations lead to property damage, healthy issues, and many other negative effects. Capitol Pest can put a stop to these problems, and even prevent them before they happen, through our innovative home pest control solutions. Capitol Pest offers four primary residential pest control programs: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum. Each of our programs includes coverage for over 36 common Maryland pests and quarterly service visits to ensure none of them every get a foothold within your home.
No matter which residential pest control program you choose, you can rest assured that the professionals here at Capitol Pest will provide year-round eco-friendly solutions to your home, To learn more about our residential pest protection programs, get in touch with Capitol Pest today.
Commercial Pest Control In Spencerville, MD
If you’re a business owner, you’re aware that nothing brings business to a grinding halt faster than insects and rodents pestering customers. If it’s between a company suffering under a pest problem and one that’s pest-free, rest assured that customers will pick the latter every time.
In this way, the most effective way to gain a competitive edge against other businesses is to implement a year-round commercial pest control plan designed to protect your business or commercial facility from a wide range of common pests.
Pests such as spiders, roaches, mice, and rats can present a huge obstacle to your success. Luckily, the pest elimination experts here at Capitol Pest are ready to help. We provide comprehensive commercial pest control services that will reliably eliminate any current pest infestations you might be facing while curbing future pest activity around your facility. Give us a call today to find out more about our commercial pest control programs.
Guide To Avoiding Termite Damage In Spencerville, MD
Out of all the pests that can invade your Spencerville home, termites are the worst and most damaging. Termites are social insects that feed on wood and live in large underground nests that can grow to as large as 200,000 individual termites, each one equipped and ready to eat you out of house and home - literally.
Although termites are beneficial in nature as they break down dead and decaying wood materials, they are anything but beneficial inside manmade structures. Termite infestations are silent and take place out-of-sight, allowing them to go undetected for months or even years before the occupants realize they have a problem. By that time, catastrophic damage has already taken place. This makes preventing termites a necessity.
Here are some helpful tips you can use to prevent termites around your Spencerville property:
- Remove any excess moisture around your home. Repair any leaking pipes, remove water-damaged wood from the premises, cut thick foliage away from your home’s foundation, and clear debris out of your gutters to allow water to flow effectively away from your home.
- Get rid of logs, decaying stumps, fallen trees, and other cellulose-rich areas that could attract termites onto your property and from there into your home.
- Seal any cracks or holes in your home’s exterior walls, doors, and windows to avoid allowing termites to gain access.
Termite damage is often costly to repair, which is why early control and prevention is critical. Unfortunately, as a homeowner, completely preventing termites on your own is next to impossible - you need to call a professional for help.
If you believe termites have invaded your Spencerville property, or that they could in the future, call Capitol Pest today. We have the tools, experience, and know-how you need to give your property year-round protection against termites.
Bed Bug Prevention Tips For Spencerville, MD Residents
No one wants to share their home with pests - let alone their beds! But a bed bug infestation forces you to do just that. The only thing worse than waking up to bed bug bites is how difficult it is to eliminate them, which is why preventing them from getting inside in the first place is essential.
If you’re worried about bed bugs making their way into your Spencerville home, try following some of these effective bed bug prevention tips:
- Keep your belongings off the floor, especially in public areas such as airports, daycares, movie theaters, and schools.
- Don’t buy used furniture, mattresses, or box springs, and don’t bring them into your home - especially if they’ve been left outside over long periods of time.
- When travelling, inspect your hotel or motel room thoroughly for dark spots indicative of bed bug activity.
- Vacuum your rugs and carpets on a regular basis.
- Keep your clothing sealed in airtight bags when you travel.
Bed bug infestations lead to stress, anxiety, and sleep loss in those affected. If bed bugs have gotten into your Spencerville home, don’t hesitate to contact the professionals here at Capitol Pest for immediate assistance through one of our bed bug treatment programs.
Mosquito Prevention for Spencerville, MD Homeowners
Unfortunately, the climate and temperatures in the summertime in Maryland make it the perfect breeding ground for mosquitoes. Mosquitoes breed in pools of standing water that have become stagnant, accumulating organic debris in the process. Female mosquitoes lay their eggs on the water’s surface, where they will hatch allowing the larvae to develop in the water. Their need for standing water to breed is the main cause that adult mosquitoes are most commonly found in areas with lots of stagnant water nearby.
While there are several solutions to reduce mosquitoes near your home, the best way to mitigate a mosquito problem before it happens is to eliminate any potential breeding sites. Some examples of areas where standing water can start to accumulate include birdbaths, clogged gutters, clogged drains, old tires or other debris in the yard, and pooled water caused by sprinkler systems. Focus on eliminating these water sources to minimize your risk for mosquitoes.
You should also consider your landscaping. Plants provide shade and hold in dampness, and adult mosquitoes like these areas that provide cover from the sun during the day in addition to moisture. Just keep in mind that certain plants, such as citronella, catnip, rosemary, and marigolds, can actually deter mosquitoes, so these are generally best left alone - so long as they’re located a short distance away from the home’s exterior.
If you start seeing mosquitoes inside your house, it could be because you have windows without screens, or poorly sealed window and door openings. Mosquitoes prefer to be outside, but can get inside the home if proper precautions are not taken, so make sure to keep your windows and doors closed when not in use and that any screens you have applied are free of any holes or gaps that could allow a mosquito to squeeze inside.
Have mosquitoes started buzzing around your Spencerville home? Don’t leave your family and pets at risk - contact Maryland’s mosquito elimination experts at Capitol Pest today and make mosquitoes a thing of the past. Call us today for more information.
Identifying a Rodent Problem in Your Spencerville Home
Mice and rats are always searching for a cozy place to nest, especially one with easy access to water and food nearby. Unfortunately, your home provides all three resources in abundance, especially in the winter months when finding them outside in nature becomes difficult.
With the many problems and health concerns rodents bring to homes they infest, and the difficulty that comes with eliminating an infestation once it starts, it pays to be aware of the warning signs rodents leave behind. This will allow you to take steps to eliminate them as quickly as possible.
- Hearing scratching noises inside your home, especially at night. Scratching and other noises coming from the attic or garage could be coming from rodents foraging in search of food.
- Droppings. Mouse and rat droppings are a sure sign of a problem, and can be found in the same areas where mice are foraging for food or where they have set up nests. Rodent droppings are small and brown or black in color with granular shape and pointed ends, measuring about ¼-inch in length and resembling rice.
- Gnaw marks. Rodent teeth never stop growing, forcing them to continuously gnaw on anything they can find in order to keep their teeth short. Fresh gnaw marks are rough, whereas old gnawing is smoother from wear. Rodents will gnaw on just about anything they can find, including electrical wiring, plastics, papers, books, clothing, cardboard boxes, furniture, and the walls and floors of the home.
- Destroyed paper materials around your home. Rodents develop their nests out of shredded paper, fibers, wires, and other materials that are common in homes - including cardboard boxes and insulation. Finding these items ripped up within the home generally indicates rodents are present and using it to build their nests.
- Visually seeing rodents inside the home. As rodents are nocturnal and avoid contact with humans, seeing one with your own eyes is an almost certain sign that a severe infestation is underway, and that their huge numbers have pushed them to search for food and water out in the open.
Rodents, when left unchecked, are capable of causing severe damage to a home and increase the risk of a fire by chewing on electrical wirings. They also introduce serious diseases and health conditions such as asthma into your home that could threaten the health and well being of your family.
Have you started seeing warning signs of rodents inside your Spencerville home? Don’t leave yourself at risk for one more day. Call the rodent elimination professionals at Capitol Pest for help, and take back your home from these dangerous and destructive pests today with one of our rodent control programs.