Quality Pest Management In Riverdale, Maryland
For nearly 80 years, homeowners and businesses in Maryland, northern Virginia and the suburbs of Washington, D.C. have depended on Capital Pest for all of their extermination and pest prevention needs. Whether we’re treating a property for mosquitoes or removing bed bugs from a local home, we are committed to providing quality services with the highest level of professionalism. We don’t only treat the problem and remove the offending pests. We take steps to identify and correct the root cause to prevent a recurrence. Capital Pest is available to perform extermination and preventive services at homes, apartment buildings and commercial properties in Riverdale Park and dozens of other suburbs.
Home Pest Control In Riverdale, MD
You and your family should always feel safe inside your own home. However, when pests invade your residential property, it can be hard to relax - and with good reason. A pest infestation is more than just a simple nuisance - it can bring disease and destruction to your home.
Luckily, with the pest professionals here at Capitol Pest by your side, you no longer have to worry about pests or the problems they cause. We design our home pest control plans with your needs in mind, and can create an effective pest control solution for your home no matter what pests you might come up against.
We offer four levels of home protection in our residential pest control programs: Bronze, Silver, Gold, and Platinum:
- Our Bronze Service Plan covers 36 pests found both indoors and outdoors, with quarterly service visits to inspect and treat any pests that might have gotten onto your property
- Our Silver Service Plan includes the same comprehensive pest control measures featured in the Bronze Service Plan along with additional protection covering over 55 common pests and exterior rodent baiting service
- Our Gold Service Plan combines all of the coverage found in the Silver Service Plan with an additional service in the form of mosquitoes, termites, or bed bug treatment
- Our most inclusive plan, the Platinum Service Plan provides coverage against over 55 common pests found in the DC-area as well as bed bug treatments, services for mosquitoes, ticks, and fleas, and your choice of two termite treatment options.
No matter which plan you choose, you can count on us to keep pests away from your Riverdale home year-round. Contact Capitol Pest today to learn more about all of our effective and reliable home pest control options and services for Riverdale properties.
Commercial Pest Control In Riverdale, MD
No matter what your product or service might be, your Riverdale business will never be successful if customers notice rats, cockroaches, or other pests in your establishment. Pest problems are bad for your reputation and a threat to the quality of your goods and services - a cost few business owners can afford to pay. The only real way to avoid finding pests in and around your commercial facility is to implement a year-round commercial pest control plan for your property.
At Capitol Pest, we make it our top priority to ensure Riverdale businesses are 100% pest-free. Whether you own an office building, apartment complex, restaurant, hotel, warehouse, medical facility, or any other type of business, we have what it takes to protect your property from any DC-area pest pressures it might come up against. If pests are threatening your business reputation, get in touch with the pest professionals here at Capitol Pest today for a professional commercial pest treatment.
Bed Bug Removal In Riverdale, MD
Bed bugs are among the most worrisome household invaders today. They breed rapidly, are difficult to remove and make life miserable. At Capital Pest, we use a multi-faceted approach to identify and treat bed bug populations before the problem worsens. Trained canines sniff out bed bugs with remarkable accuracy. If signs of bed bugs are found, our team applies a combination on insecticidal dusts, liquid insecticides mixed with a synergist, and a vapor treatment to eliminate all stages of bed bugs quickly and effectively.
Our vapor treatment, designed to treat items that cannot be treated any other way, provides a more thorough treatment than any other company. Furniture, fabrics and soft items are treated with fumigants in sealed bags. These systemic treatments kill adult bed bugs and prevent eggs and larvae from hatching and maturing. We offer an unrivaled one-year warranty that can be renewed for a one-time fee. This is the ultimate way to ensure that the problem doesn’t return. If bed bugs do pop up within the year, all bed bug control treatments will be covered.
Ant Control In Riverdale, MD
Ants are one of the most common and annoying household pests. They frequently enter buildings in search of food and water or safe nesting sites. Once they find what they’re looking for, they let their fellow colony members know by laying down a trail of pheromones. Tiny Argentine ants and sugar ants that wander through windows and cracks aren’t the only offenders. Some ants disrupt electrical systems. Others, including carpenter ants, excavate moist timber to create a nest for their family. Once colonies are established, they are difficult to eradicate. Another troublesome issue is that swarming ants are often confused with termites and vice versa. If you’ve seen ants around your home, it’s important to address the problem quickly.
Mosquito Treatments In Riverdale, MD
Mosquitoes are the terror of the neighborhood. Since West Nile virus was detected in the United States in 1999, mosquitoes have been a major health concern. Annually, more than a dozen cases of the disease are reported in Maryland. State health officials are monitoring chikungunya virus, dengue fever and new mosquito-borne illnesses that are increasingly common. Maryland is home to approximately 40 different types of mosquitoes.
At Capital Pest, we control these pests by fogging trees and bushes, applying repellents and distributing insecticides that prevent larvae from hatching. Our specialists will also remove standing water and eliminate potential breeding sites. Pests can threaten your peace of mind and your well-being. If you’re concerned about mosquitoes, give us call. We’ll be happy to assess the problem or provide a free quote on any of our services. For effective mosquito extermination services, Capital Pest is the company to call.
Mice & Rodent Worries In Riverdale, MD
Rodents are commensal animals. This means that they have come to at least partially rely on humans for their food source. This is why they are often found living around homes in both urban and rural areas. When the weather starts to cool, they start to look for indoor shelter to overwinter in. As a homeowner, you should prevent this at all costs because of the dangers that they can introduce into your home.
Both rats and mice can damage the structure of your home by chewing through wires, pipes, insulation, and drywall. They can also damage personal items, like furniture, clothing, carpets, and storage boxes. They can contaminate your food and food prep areas, and introduce diseases like Salmonellosis, Hantavirus, Leptospirosis, and lymphocytic diseases.
They can also create nesting areas behind walls, in your attic, basement, and even behind appliances. Rodents reproduce very quickly; two rodents can quickly become 20 or more in a very short period of time. Female mice have a 21-day pregnancy and have litters that average six pups and it only takes those pups about 6 weeks to reach breeding age. And each female can have up to 8 litters per year, so as you can see, if a small rodent problem is not contained quickly you will soon have a very large rodent problem on your hands. Rat reproduction rates are similar but they have large litters and a slightly longer pregnancy.
One of the most common mistakes made when trying to identify what type of rodent is in a home is mistaken for a juvenile rat for an adult mouse. However, if you know your rodents, you can easily tell the two apart. A young rat’s head and feet will be large compared to their bodies, and their face will be stubby and blunt with wide noses. They will have an overall clumsy appearance, like most young mammals, including humans! This is in comparison to an adult mouse whose body will be more proportioned, slim, and their head will have a more sharp-angled appearance to it.
Knowing what problem you have is a crucial part of getting it resolved quickly and effectively, so here are some key differences between rats and mice that can help you figure out what you’re up against:
- Adult mice measure around 7 ½ inches in length, including the tail; while adult rats can grow up to 18 inches in length, including the tail.
- Mice have thin, slightly hairy tails; rats have a thicker, hairless, scaly tail.
- The nose of a mouse is triangular in shape; the nose of a rat is more blunt and rounded.
- Both mice and rats can be brown or gray in color, but rats can also be black.
- Mice droppings are approximately 1/4 inch long with pointed ends.
- Rat droppings are longer (3/4 inch) with blunt ends.
No matter what type of rodent infestation you have at home, one thing is for certain, you should get immediate help from a rodent pest control expert. Professionals will be able to correctly identify the species that are in your home and will be able to take the appropriate steps to safely and humanely eliminate them from your house. Check out our rodent control options to learn more about how you can get rid of rats and mice. Professionals will also be able to determine what the cause of your rodent problem is and take steps to help you correct those issues.
Having a rodent control service in place will make sure that your current problem is taken care of and those future problems will not arise unexpectedly, ensuring that your home remains free of unwanted guests all year long, well at least the furry, rodent kind! Luckily, no matter which pest you’re up against, Capitol Pest has the tools you need to help. Contact us today to find out why a professional rodent treatment is the perfect solution to protect your home and family from the dangers rodents bring.
What Riverdale, MD Residents Need To Know About Bed Bugs
Everyone knows that bed bugs bite, that’s far from the only important thing homeowners need to know about them. Here are some quick facts Riverdale residents should know about bed bugs to help them prevent them and prepare for an infestation as much as possible:
- Bed bugs hitchhike. If you have them in your house there is a solid chance you or someone else brought them in.
- Bed bugs hide in clothes, bags, luggage, used furniture, and bedding.
- If one of your kids recently came home from college, you have a higher chance of bed bugs.
- If you recently returned from a vacation you have a higher risk of bed bugs.
- Bed bugs infest even the nicest 5-star resorts and hotels.
- Bed bugs feed on blood. They cannot breed or live without it. For this reason they will nest in rooms that have a bed.
- These bugs eat many times a night. If you find mosquito type bites that appear in a clump or a row, this is a good indication of bed bugs.
- Some people have no reaction to the anticoagulant that bed bugs inject into the bites they make.
- Some people have severe and immediate reaction to this anticoagulant, and wake up with large rashes.
- Most people develop more of a rash with continued exposure to bed bug anticoagulant.
- Bed bugs live in mattresses, but they can also live in chairs, couches, electrical boxes, wall voids, back boards, and portable computers.
- Bed bugs look like tiny brown seeds when they are young. They can be as big as ¼ of an inch when full grown, and filled with blood.
- These bugs are not vectors for disease, but they can spread illness in a home.
- Bed bugs leave their feces in mattresses. Look for black fecal residue in the seams or on the corners of mattresses.
- Bed bugs can leave blood stains on sheets and pillowcases after feeding.
- They can also infest couches and chairs.
- Putting clothing through a washer and dryer on the hottest temperature can kill all stages of bed bug development.
- Temperatures 120 F and up are enough to kill bed bugs.
And the most important fact you need to know about bed bugs: if you have an infestation, you can’t afford to face it alone. Bed bugs are notoriously difficult to treat for homeowners working on their own, and an improper and incomplete treatment simply allows them to regroup and resurface weeks - or even days - later.
If you want your bed bug infestation treated effectively and completely, you need professional help. Look no further than the bug pros at Capitol Pest. Our trained and certified technicians have decades of experience handling bed bug infestations of every shape and size. Contact us today and find out why a professional bed bug treatment from Capitol is the perfect solution for your Riverdale home.
Can You Protect Your Riverdale, MD Home From Termites?
There are some things you can do to protect your Riverdale home from spring termites, and some things better left to the professionals. Here is a quick guide to help you with both. Each year, termite swarmers pour out of mature colonies with two goals in mind: to mate, and to establish a new colony. These swarmers are looking for moist wood and soil. Your job should be to make sure they don't find these around your home. Here are some helpful tips you should follow:
- Make sure that water is channeled away from your foundation walls. Inspect gutters for damage, and fill in low areas where rainwater collects.
- Make sure that bushes, mulch, and shrubs are at least two feet from your foundation.
- Firewood, construction materials, and other wood products, should be even further away and raised off the ground.
- Always patch areas of rotted wood. Though termites do not need a rotted hole to get into your home, these areas are enticing.
- Moisture inside your basement areas is also enticing. Keep your basement well ventilated and dry, by using a fan and a dehumidifier.
- Some homeowners have a pest control company create a chemical barrier that termites can't get through, because termites can choose your home simply because there is nothing else nearby. Swarms do not travel far.
Keeping moisture and standing water away from your foundation is a good start to protecting your home, but there are some things you need to know about termite swarms. A termite colony does not produce these swarmers till it is mature. This can take three to four years. And, with swarmers only traveling a short distance, there is a good chance that this mature colony is on your property, or worse, inside the walls of your home.
If you see swarmers--or swarmer wings on your property, have a professional pest control company come and do an inspection. Termites are a silent invader. Oftentimes homeowners don't even realize they have termites till they see the swarms. This is very bad. Are you worried about termites getting onto your Riverdale property? Don’t leave yourself at risk: contact the pest professionals at Capitol Pest today and find out why one of our comprehensive termite treatment programs is your one-stop-shop to defend your home from these destructive pests.