Professional Pest Solutions For Potomac, MD Properties
Are you tired of finding insects crawling across your floors or hearing rodents in your walls or attic? Do you want to find an effective solution that can handle any pest infestation, no matter the size? If so, Capitol Pest is right for you. At Capitol Pest, we don’t just treat pest problems, we eliminate the source so that no pests get into your Potomac property in the future. Your home or business is protected year-round through the use of advanced methods of pest identification, elimination, and prevention.
Trust the protection of your Potomac property to the pest technicians here at Capitol Pest. We have what it takes to ensure that your residential or commercial building remains pest-free throughout every season. Reach out to us today to learn more about our residential and commercial pest control programs.
Home Pest Control In Potomac, MD
There are many reasons why you don’t want to attract pests to your Potomac residential property. All kinds of pests are problematic to have living in and around your home.
Not only are some pests capable of spreading serious diseases and causing serious health issues, but others can damage your property and endanger your family.
To rid your home of pests that can threaten your safety and wellbeing, Capitol Pest provides outstanding residential pest control services that will keep your Potomac home free of pests year-round.
We provide three levels of pest protection: Bronze, Silver, and Gold. No matter which pest control program you choose to go with, you can rest assured that all your pest problems will disappear.
For more information about what each of our pest control programs involves, contact the professionals here at Capitol Pest today. We’re ready to handle your pest control needs.
Commercial Pest Control In Potomac, MD
Pests threaten your ability to maintain a successful Potomac business. Rodents, bed bugs, cockroaches, and many other pests can ruin your reputation and drive away customers. Here at Capitol Pest, we understand how important it is to keep your Potomac commercial property 100% free of pests. In order to keep destructive and disease-spreading pests out of your commercial facility, you need year-round commercial pest control services.
Capitol Pest has provided high-quality pest control services for a variety of businesses since 1936. We make it our goal to put an end to the frustration that pest infestations cause. With the pest technicians here at Capitol Pest by your side, you can trust that you’ll always receive the most effective pest control treatments, solutions, and prevention services. Give us a call today to learn more about all of our commercial pest control options.
Common Ants In Potomac, MD
When you open your cupboard in the morning to take out a box of cereal, the last thing you want to find is a long trail of ants marching across your shelves. Ants are common property-invading pests that should be eliminated as soon as possible. Although most ants are considered nuisance pests, you still don’t want them crawling around in your Potomac home or business. Some species of ants—carpenter ants—can damage the structural integrity of your property. The most common ant species in our area include:
Odorous house ants
To protect your Potomac property from ants and many other pests, contact Capitol Pest. We provide effective ant control services to treat and prevent ant infestations. Don’t let ants invade your property and make it their own. Instead, take action and reach out to the professionals here at Capitol Pest today.
Guide To Avoiding Bed Bugs In Potomac, MD
There are many ways that pests can invade your Potomac home or business. Some pests crawl through gaps around your foundation, doors, and windows. Others might invade after finding loose shingles or an open vent. However, bed bugs aren’t like those pests. Instead of hopping or flying into your home or business, they can only invade when you or someone else brings them in.
Bed bugs are hitchhiking pests, which means they travel from one point to another by hitching rides on clothing, luggage, bags, and belongings. Although it can be difficult to prevent bed bug infestations, there are a few things you can try to minimize your chances of bringing these pests to your Potomac property.
Inspect all used furniture before bringing it into your home or business.
Never stay in a hotel or motel room that shows signs of bed bug activity.
Keep your belongings off the ground of public areas such as airports, movie theatres, and libraries.
Keep an eye out for signs of bed bugs, such as bloodstains, rows of bite marks, tiny white eggs, and excrement.
If bed bugs are bugging you, contact Capitol Pest today. We are happy to provide effective bed bug control and removal services.
4 Reasons Rodent Prevention is Essential in Potomac, MD
Rodents are never a welcome houseguest, but even if you do happen to enjoy the company of a furry rodent friend, there are four serious reasons why you definitely do not want them to make themselves at home.
1. Rodents like field mice might seem cute scurrying outdoors, but once you see one in your home, it goes from cute to disgusting pretty quickly. Knowing that they’re sharing the food in your cupboards and leaving droppings where you eat can be fairly disturbing. They can also carry fleas in their fur that can to be spread to your family and pets.
2. Rodents are such an unwelcome nuisance because of what they can spread to us. For centuries, rodents have spread health issues to humans by contaminating the food we eat and being in contact with rodent excrement or the animal itself. They can pass on health issues like salmonellosis, rat bite fever, and dysentery. The most recent and serious virus they have passed along to us was Hantavirus. In 2012, this virus actually killed nine people in Yellowstone National Park. Residences and businesses alike that are infested with rodents can spread disease.
3. Not only are these rodents damaging to our health, but they can be quite damaging to our homes as well! Many rodents find themselves gnawing everything they can get their teeth on to keep them filed down. Not only do they chew on items in your home like area rugs, clothing, and books, but they can damage your actual home structure by burrowing in walls and insulation to nest. Another dangerous object they gnaw on are electrical wires which can escalate into a house fire.
4. The last unfortunate thing about having a rodent in your home is that there is no such thing as just one! If you managed to have trapped one or two, your work is hardly over. Rodents reproduce very quickly and a few rodents can suddenly turn into an uncontrollable infestation.
Rodents in the home are a terrible idea, as you can see, and you may be tempted to head over to the nearest hardware store to pick up some traps or another DIY way to manage them. Unfortunately, traps and other treatments will not completely solve the problem. It’s best to let the pest control professionals handle your rodent infestation by inspecting your home or business to create a targeted plan to eliminate all of the rodents and keep them from entering again in the future.
Have rodents started scurrying around your Potomac home or business? Don’t wait: call the pest professionals at Capitol Pest today and find out why a professional rodent removal treatment is the perfect solution to get you rodent-free for good.
Termite Facts Every Potomac, MD Homeowner Should Know
Do you think you need termite protection? Most homeowners spend 20-40 years paying off their home; the last thing you want to do is get 10 years into a home mortgage and find that termites have been silently eating your home. Termites work quietly, often leaving little or no evidence that they are infesting, making prevention a necessity if you want to preserve your home.
As a homeowner, here are some important facts about termites you should know:
- Termites cost U.S. property owners over $5 billion dollars each year.
- Around 600,000 residential homes are affected.
- The average cost to repair termite damage is $3,300.
- Formosan and subterranean termites account for 90% of all termite damage.
- If you own a porch, deck, or stairway that conceals a portion of your basement wall, subterranean termites can infest your home without any external sign.
- One small termite colony of 60,000 can eat a 2" x 4" in just five months.
- Scientists believe that most termite species eat 2 to 3 percent of their body weight each day.
- In some regions of the United States Formosan and subterranean termite colonies have numbers in the millions, and forage over 100 meters from their colonies.
- A termite queen can live 15 to 25 years and lay an egg every 15 seconds.
- Some termites can chew through asphalt, plaster, lead, and mortar.
If you live anywhere in the United States where subterranean or Formosan termites live, you should not be without termite protection. Contact a pest control company that uses the Sentricon® Termite Elimination System. With monitoring and bait stations, you will know for sure that your property is safe from termites. If your property has been attacked by subterranean termites before, you can add a layer of pesticide around your perimeter to create a barrier that termites cannot pass through.
Is your Potomac home still unprotected from termites? Don’t leave yourself at risk: contact Capitol Pest today and find out why a comprehensive residential termite treatment plan is the perfect solution to protect your investment. Call today for more information.
Cockroach Prevention For Potomac, MD Homeowners
When it comes to stopping cockroaches from coming into a home, most homeowners are at a loss. We all know that keeping things clean and hiding food will deter roaches, but even after you've scrubbed the floors and vacuumed all the rugs, you may still have these disgusting critters skittering around. If you've ever wondered why you're having cockroaches over for dinner, even though you haven't put any food out, try these cleaning tips to help lower your risk:
Cleaning the crumbs around the toaster, washing all the counters, and cleaning all the rugs is a great start, but there is more food in your house than what you'll find in those places. Phase one cleaning is important, but it isn't enough to stop roaches.
Have you gone a step further? Have you cleaned all the shelving in your pantry and put vulnerable food items into hard plastic containers? Have you made sure to only put your pet's food down during meal time? Are your dirty dishes soaking in soapy water, rather than sitting in a dirty pile next to the sink? You're on the right track. The smart management of food is important in resisting cockroaches.
Even if you run a tight ship and keep everything clean, there are some hidden food sources and smells you may not think about. If you throw leftovers into a trash can, roaches can smell them, even if they can't get in there to eat them. This will keep roaches in your home. If you throw leftovers or fruit away, consider putting them in one of those plastic bags from the grocery store first to keep the smells contained.
If you haven't cleaned the side of your stove recently, you may be feeding roaches the spilled grease from pans, and other organic matter that has dribbled down in there. The area under your refrigerator is another spot many miss. Food and juice that gets under the fridge usually doesn't get cleaned up immediately, and that means they're under there decomposing for roaches to smell and eat.
Once you've cleaned, deep cleaned, and contained all the food sources, you may still be luring roaches in. Cockroaches love dark, damp places. If you have a moist cellar, consider using a dehumidifier to dry things out down there.
Do an inspection of your exterior walls, and use a caulking gun to fill in any rotted holes or gaps. If you have any vents or other openings, cover them with window screening to keep roaches from using them as an entry.
If you do all these things, you can resist roaches, but if I were to be completely honest here, this is a pest that can climb walls and traverse ceilings, and it lives on more than meats and starches. Roaches are known to consume books, hair, toothpaste, glue and even sewage. Cockroaches ruining your home? Don’t wait: contact the pest professionals at Capitol Pest for help, and find out why Maryland home and business owners trust our comprehensive cockroach elimination treatments to keep their properties protected.