Effective Pest Management In Germantown, MD
Although one may not think of Germantown, Md., as being a big city, it is the third most populous place in Maryland, giving it a mix of the large and the small that makes it a valued place to live – just as the mix of large and small of Capitol Pest makes it the most valued pest control company in the Washington DC metro area.
Capitol Pest is a local, family-owned and operated pest management company with the capabilities and expertise of a large, national pest control company. Having provided services to the area since 1936, Capitol understands the needs and values of Germantown homeowners and business owners, and provides extermination services that effectively rid your property of pests, while addressing environmental issues and the safety of your family, home and pets.
Pests Cause Damage & Disease In Germantown, MD
Did you know that cockroaches, rats, mice, ants and other insects and pests are not only an annoyance in your home or office, but they also spread disease, and many can cause damage to your property…
One female German cockroach can produce more than 100,000 cockroaches in one year!
Rodents can carry and transmit 35 different diseases to humans.
Ants are the most common pest problem, and some, such as fire ants, will bite and sting.
Flies breed in garbage, then land on your food, plates and glasses to disgorge and re-eat their food.
Termites are estimated to cause $5 billion in property damage each year.
Capitol Pest Protects Your Family, Home & Property
Did you know …
Capitol Pest’s Professional Service Technicians are trained by our in-house PhD entomologist and use the latest technology to provide the safest and most effective treatments available.
Capitol Pest was voted the “Best Pest Control Company” by readers of Washingtonian Magazine, is the highest rated company with 100 ratings or more on Consumer’s Checkbook that services Washington DC, and has an A rating on Angie’s List and an A+ rating from the Better Business Bureau.
We work on the outside of your home to prevent pests from coming in, and we don’t apply pesticides without solving the root cause of the problem.
Capitol Pest has been Guaranteeing an End to Frustration and Worry Since 1936.
The Benefits Of Professional Wildlife Control In Germantown, Maryland
Most people in Germantown, MD are familiar with the usual pests that try to invade homes and businesses alike. However, most don't think about the local wildlife. In fairness, most of these animals stay outside due to their habits and general fear of people. With that being said, sometimes they do invade properties, which is what makes them nuisance wildlife. While you might be tempted to handle the animal on your own, it's always best to rely on professional wildlife control services instead.
Some common wild animals that may invade include but aren't limited to are gophers, pocket gophers, deer, moles, coyotes, raccoons, chipmunks, bats, birds, squirrels, and more. A lot of these animals are protected and closely regulated by the state of Maryland, which means only those licensed can legally remove wild animals from the property.
Our team at Capitol Pest is proud to offer comprehensive residential and commercial pest control solutions to everyone in the Germantown area. With a variety of customizable pest management plans available, we're confident we'll be able to meet your specific needs. Contact us today to discuss your wildlife control options.
Why Do It Yourself (DIY) Bed Bug Control Techniques Are Less Effective In Germantown
For people in the Germantown area, the only good bed bug does not exist on the property. As such, most of them seek out DIY solutions to try and control an existing bedbug population. Unfortunately, DIY solutions are less than effective for several reasons. Some common reasons why they don't work include:
- Untrained Application: While some standard treatments like pesticides, heat, freezing, and other solutions do work, it's the application that causes problems. An untrained person attempting the treatment will often miss the bed bug since it's hiding, which equals poor results.
- Ineffective Options: It's been speculated that essential oils and other similar solutions can work to eliminate bedbugs, but the truth is that any success with this approach has only been achieved in a controlled environment. In the real world, this type of solution does not affect this pest.
- Extremely Tough: While some pesticides have been shown to work, the fact remains that as a whole have built up an immunity to most of them and any success is highly limited.
Do you suspect a bedbug infestation on your Germantown property? Call our team at Capitol Pest to explore your bed bug control options and become pest-free.
Cockroach Control: Practical Advice For Germantown Homeowners
Cockroaches are both a nuisance and a threat to people's health thanks to the diseases they transmit. The best thing to do regarding this pest is to make sure they don't make it inside in the first place. That's why we've put together some practical advice to keep the cockroach population nonexistent:
- Clean Everything: The dirtier your conditions, the more cockroach-friendly your home is to this pest. For this reason, the best thing to do is to vacuum, sanitize, mop, and wipe down everything to keep the roaches away.
- Food Control Counts: Cockroaches enjoy dining on your food. To be fair, they'll eat and drink anything, but that doesn't mean you need to make it easy for them. Clear away crumbs, wipe up spilled liquids, and make sure all unused food is stored properly.
- Empty The Trash: Besides food, cockroaches like trash. If you want them to stay away, then take the time to keep the lids shut, trash bags tied shut, and all trash disposal far from the building.
Are you suffering from a cockroach infestation? Then call our team at Capitol Pest to explore your cockroach control options for a better tomorrow
What Germantown Businesses Ought To Know About Termite Control
Nothing affects your business more than a pest infestation. In the case of termites, you end up suffering costly damage to your building, which can also lead to building code violations. If left unchecked long enough, termites can force you to shut your business doors. Some key things you need to know about maintaining termite control are:
- Wood Repair And replacement: The sooner you inspect and replace any damaged or decaying wood, the better protected your building will be. An upfront cost today will save you thousands down the road.
- Moisture Problems Add Up: That leak in the back of your building- it could mean termites are around since they need moisture to thrive. Carefully inspect and repair all leak sources and other moisture signs to stay secure.
- Seal Entry Points: Doing this will protect you from many pests, including termites. Nothing gets in as easily when you seal any crack or gap running along the foundation of your building.
- Vents: The vents running through your building should be covered with screens for your business to remain safe.
- Ongoing Coverage: Chances are you don't have time to devote to pest control of any kind, which is why it's worth investing in professional pest control proactively.
Do you suspect a termite infestation? Call our team at Capitol Pest to find out more about your termite inspection and termite control options.